57: Treat Yo Self - Warm Belly Bakery Interview and our favorite treats in The West Loop
Brian and Mary share our favorite places for yummy treats in The West Loop, then Brian takes you behind the scenes at WarmBellyBakery.com to meet Joe Dela Pena - Chief Cookie Officer, Head Baker and Co-Founder of Warm Belly Bakery. Joe Dela Pena leads a very talented baking team that puts out some of the most whimsically original cookies and baked goods in Chicago, as well as inspired takes on time tested favorites, such as the ever popular, Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter Chocolate Chip with Pretzel Salt.
Our favorite yummy treats:
- Warmbellybakery.com - Dense Cookies with unique flavors, cakes, ice cream, & coffee too.
- Merabites.com - Paleo Cookies, healthy, nutritious, gluten free
- www.artopolischicago.com - Greek bakery pastries, breads, grocery, wine, hot food, & a bar
- Bombobar.com - Gelato, Italian Bombolini Donuts, Shakes
- Conechicago.com - Ice cream parlor with outdoor seating and party room
- beatrixrestaurants.com/beatrix/fulton-market/ - Bakery within the restaurant with great jumbo cookies and cakes
- Littlegoatchicago.com - Bakery within the restaurant with great breads and cinnamon rolls
- Stansdonutschicago.com - Unique flavors, classic donut shop started in 1963 with insanely good unique donut flavors, ice cream, espresso, and cakes
- Doritedonuts.com - Amazing Donuts, great coffee, fried chicken sandwich on a donut, breakfast sandwiches, gluten free and vegan donuts too.
- www.facebook.com/MariosItalianLemonade - The Best Italian Lemonade (Italian Ice) In The World!
EVENTS - The WNDR pop-up museum https://wndrmuseum.com/
"Freshly" get $40 in free chef prepared meals using this link: https://refer.freshly.com/s/Brian225 Freshly is like your personal chef—no shopping, chopping, or cleanup. Choose deliciously healthy meals sent to you fresh & ready to eat in just 3 minutes.
This episode is sponsored by Built With Love Web Design - that’s me, Brian! I’ve been building websites since the 90’s. Let me take away the confusion, create your website and teach you how easy it can be to maintain and update it! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org